May 31, 2009, 12:04 PM EST
Never a bad feeling waking up with your team in first place in the division.
The Phillies have one more game against the Nationals before heading out on a pretty tough road trip that will test their revamped rotation. The Nats have been our whipping boys so far this season (not that the Phils are in exclusive company there), but Washington did come out swinging yesterday, getting to Cole Hamels for six runs. Pappy Moyer takes the mound today, still looking to chip away at a slump that has mired most of his 2009 season. Moyer's lost four in a row, but he's looked a helluva lot better in his last two outings than he did in the two before that. We'll take any progress we can get. In 20 career starts against Washington, Jamie is 10-4 with a 3.03 ERA.
Familiar foe John Lannan will
be thrown to the wolves get the start for the Nationals. Lannan's career numbers against the Phils (5.97 ERA, 1.71 WHIP) should make those on their way to the game today pretty excited for seeing some crooked numbers up on the board. Yes, Lannan is also that guy who broke Chase Utley's hand in 2007, then hit Ryan Howard in the next at bat. He may have apologized, but we're still holding a grudge (holding grudges being more fun than forgiveness/moving on).
It's a gorgeous day for baseball, and hopefully another win for the first place Fightins.
|willh888 on The Evster reviews Wawa’…|
|Matt P. on The Evster reviews Wawa’…|
|The Evster on The Evster reviews Wawa’…|
|Z on The Evster reviews Wawa’…|
- We Found This 20-Year-Old T-Shirt In Kenya. The Internet Found The Original Owner : Planet Money : NPR
- Prior to a doctor’s intervention, Dwight Howard was eating ‘the equivalent of 24 Hershey bars a day’ via candy and soda | Ball Don't Lie - Yahoo Sports
- To Roy Halladay, With Gratitude - The Triangle Blog - Grantland
- Roy Halladay Opens the 2010 Phillies Playoff Run With a NO-HITTER!! | The700Level
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages