Jun 28, 2010, 11:00 AM EST
Days after earning the dubious distinction of being the first AP All-American college player not to be drafted by any NBA team, it looks like Villanova's Scottie Reynolds might find himself a path to the NBA after all. The Arizona Republic reports that Scottie has agreed to play with the Suns on their Summer League roster, with a chance to make their roster for the '10-'11 season.
"We were really fortunate he wanted to play for our summer team," said Suns basketball ops exec Todd Quinter of Reynolds. "He plays with a lot of heart. He might not be a traditional point guard but he's a scorer and can distribute." And of course, it's every young scoring/playmaking machine's dream to play in an up-tempo system like the Suns' infamous run-and-gun attack. "He can be really good at our pace," proffers Quinter.
Good for you, young Scottie, and best of luck finding a place for yourself out in the desert. Here's hoping you're spotting up for transition threes and making weird viral videos with Steve Nash and Jared Dudley in no time.
(For the record, players who have gone undrafted but nonetheless managed successful NBA careers in today's league include Raja Bell, Udonis Haslem, Chris "Birdman" Andersen, Jose Calderon, JJ Barea, and even one-time all-stars Brad Miller and Ben Wallace.)
|dialectician on Phillies sign pitcher formerly…|
|willh888 on Phillies sign pitcher formerly…|
|mike on Who are these Flyers? Tonight…|
|No Hope on Phillies sign pitcher formerly…|
- Prior to a doctor’s intervention, Dwight Howard was eating ‘the equivalent of 24 Hershey bars a day’ via candy and soda | Ball Don't Lie - Yahoo Sports
- To Roy Halladay, With Gratitude - The Triangle Blog - Grantland
- Roy Halladay Opens the 2010 Phillies Playoff Run With a NO-HITTER!! | The700Level
- FBI’s search for ‘Mo,’ suspect in bomb threats, highlights use of malware for surveillance - The Washington Post
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages