Jun 28, 2010, 11:00 AM EDT
Days after earning the dubious distinction of being the first AP All-American college player not to be drafted by any NBA team, it looks like Villanova's Scottie Reynolds might find himself a path to the NBA after all. The Arizona Republic reports that Scottie has agreed to play with the Suns on their Summer League roster, with a chance to make their roster for the '10-'11 season.
"We were really fortunate he wanted to play for our summer team," said Suns basketball ops exec Todd Quinter of Reynolds. "He plays with a lot of heart. He might not be a traditional point guard but he's a scorer and can distribute." And of course, it's every young scoring/playmaking machine's dream to play in an up-tempo system like the Suns' infamous run-and-gun attack. "He can be really good at our pace," proffers Quinter.
Good for you, young Scottie, and best of luck finding a place for yourself out in the desert. Here's hoping you're spotting up for transition threes and making weird viral videos with Steve Nash and Jared Dudley in no time.
(For the record, players who have gone undrafted but nonetheless managed successful NBA careers in today's league include Raja Bell, Udonis Haslem, Chris "Birdman" Andersen, Jose Calderon, JJ Barea, and even one-time all-stars Brad Miller and Ben Wallace.)
|Jason R. on Ghost Report: Murray Impressed…|
|your a fool on Ghost Report: Murray Impressed…|
|phillyphanatic77 on Ghost Report: Murray Impressed…|
|Hiccup on Cliff Lee struck out 13 Braves…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money