Jan 4, 2005, 2:17 PM EDT
I agree that Trotter has to come up big time in the playoffs, but he has been the difference maker on D since they put him in the starting role. So he doesn’t really have to "step up" as much as he has to continue to play at the high level he has been playing at. Stoping the run is going to be a huge factor in the Eagles playoff drive and a lot of the weight is going to fall on Trot’s shoulders.
Jeremiah Trotter, MLB, Eagles There are so many concerns about how the Eagles offense will adjust without Terrell Owens that people are forgetting that Philadelphia can still reach the Super Bowl with its defense. The key is Trotter, who made his third Pro Bowl despite starting only nine games. His rugged presence stabilized an Eagles run defense that will be tested in the playoffs. The top three seeds in the NFC after Philadelphia – Atlanta, Green Bay and Seattle — all rank among the top 10 in the NFL in rushing.
|Hiccup on Phillies announce ‘R U G…|
|sumkat on Flyers essentially swap Andrej…|
|Jim Anderson on Marlon Byrd claims Phillies ar…|
|kirk on Video proof that Wayne Simmond…|
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return