May 16, 2005, 10:43 AM EST
Interesting piece on the Terrell Owens contract dispute from ESPN. The part which irked me was the hold nothing against T.O. line. Here is my take: Terrell Owens can ask for more money all he wants, but the way he is handling things is horrible. He publicly "throws Donovan under the bus" and is threatening sitting out until he gets his cash. Granted Terrell signed a bad contract, but whose fault is that? There are better ways to handle wanting more cash or security. I’m willing to bet that if T.O. and Drew Rosenhaus had gone to the team behind closed doors they may have been able to get next year’s salary gauranteed. Instead of doing that, Rosenhaus goes on SportsCenter and T.O. goes on some horrible talk show and gets all emotional about his family.
There is no good solution to the Terrell issue. The Eagles shouldn’t give him any more money and Terrell won’t miss the Monday night opener against Mike Vick. His ego would be crushed. I think T.O. should eventually cave and realize that he isn’t going to get any more money. Drew Rosenhaus can go take a long walk off a short pier.
What are your thoughts on the T.O. issue?
Nope, Owens is just another unhappy rich guy, underappreciated in his thinking, now represented by noted bulldog Drew Rosenhaus and angling for extra layers of the good life. Of course, he has a go-nowhere situation – he has already been publicly rebuffed by the guy writing the checks – and eventually, he’ll have to decide to report to camp with the Eagles or quit the sport. The contract holds all the cards.
But hold nothing against T.O. for this particular bout of mini-greed. He’s an athlete trying to get his, and he’s hardly the first high-profile player to attempt either to get more money or get to the team he wants or get the coach fired or whatever. Owens is a fair representative of the current state of things, for better and (a whole bunch of the time) for worse.
|33 on Eagles officially the hottest…|
|Pete D on Roy Halladay is retiring from…|
|Franchise on Roy Halladay is retiring from…|
|Andy Schreiber on The 12 best photos from the Ea…|
- FBI’s search for ‘Mo,’ suspect in bomb threats, highlights use of malware for surveillance - The Washington Post
- Slow motion video of a base jump going horribly wrong
- This Florida State Ball Boy Is A College Football Hero (this is amazing)
- How A Reporter Eavesdropped On Barry Bonds's Grand Jury Testimony
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Tony Wroten made a YouTube movie about the Sixers' young rap group
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages