Feb 5, 2013, 12:33 PM EST
Following last night’s ugly win over the Orlando Magic, Coach Collins said Thad Young would be out “a while” with a hamstring strain. Turns out, after undergoing an MRI this morning, a while looks to be about three weeks.
The Sixers today said Thad has a Grade 1 strain and will miss about three weeks. Aside from Jrue, losing Thad is about as tough a situation as this team will have to deal with.
On the plus side, it could have been worse. A Grade 1 strain is the least severe of the hamstring strain grading, with Grade 2 and Grade 3 being much worse.
In quasi-related news, Andrew Bynum said somewhat cryptically last night that he plans to be be back in the month of February. The Sixers really need that to be sooner rather than later if they want to win some games while Thad is out.
Thad Young has a Grade 1 hamstring strain. Out for three weeks … at least.
— John R. Finger (@jrfingerCSN) February 5, 2013
#Sixers Thad Young undergoes MRI, reviewed by Dr. Jack McPhilemy. MRI confirms left hamstring strain & he will be out for approx. 3 weeks.
— Michael Preston (@preston76) February 5, 2013
|BenE. on Coming-of-age? Sean Couturier…|
|icdogg on Connor Barwin is … THE…|
|Andrew Kulp on Coming-of-age? Sean Couturier…|
|Mostel on The Evster breaks down this ye…|
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Tony Wroten made a YouTube movie about the Sixers' young rap group
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages