Jun 28, 2007, 8:53 PM EST
Positives: Long forward who has what Bill Simmons likes to call
"nuclear athleticism." He’s almost impossible to stop in the open
court. The lefty is unusually quick for his size meaning he can take
his guy off the dribble and guard just about everyone but centers on
the floor. His super long arms means he plays bigger than he looks.
Excellent passer. His perimeter game is still developing, but it’s not
bad. Young is another great kid. He’s a hard worker and gets great
Negatives: What position does he play? Scouts see him as a bit
of tweener. He needs to add another 15 to 20 pounds of muscle. He’s
very thin and can get pushed around. A little too perimeter oriented
for his size and his lack of a consistent jump shot at the moment.
Can’t go right.
Summary: Young is another big-time prospect whose upside is only
limited by questions about position and strength and body development
issues. He’s had a solid freshman season for Georgia Tech, but most of
his draft stock has to do with upside. He’s a late lottery to mid first
At least we can make up a nice nickname for the guy, that is if you think Thad-Yo is a good nickname.
Sal Palantonio reported that Billy King was trying feverishly to move up into the top 10, specifically talking to the Bucks at six, but were unable to get any moves done. Thaddeus Young, people, what think you? I can’t say I’ve seen much of his game.
So does anyone else think that the NBA looks awesome in all of these promo commercials and the NBA Live video game? Man, the NBA must be awesome lately. We all probably never realized because we weren’t watching.
|duffman on Video: If Chip Kelly calls a […|
|33 on Photos: The giant owl eyes now…|
|Earl on Coming-of-age? Sean Couturier…|
|TheDude on Coming-of-age? Sean Couturier…|
- This Florida State Ball Boy Is A College Football Hero (this is amazing)
- How A Reporter Eavesdropped On Barry Bonds's Grand Jury Testimony
- Tiger Woods Denies Jason Dufner’s Auburn Angst on Twitter
- Vermeer’s Secret Tool: Testing Whether The Artist Used Mirrors and Lenses to Create His Realistic Images | Vanity Fair
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Tony Wroten made a YouTube movie about the Sixers' young rap group
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages