Mar 15, 2006, 9:41 PM EDT
Rumor has it, this is the smaller of two sailfish caught on a fly rod off the coast of Costa Rica this past week. The larger one could would have likely been a world record, but there was some debate about whether to gaff the larger beast. My understanding is that the fish pictured was released and swam away to fight another day. The battle lasted approximately 3.5 hours and the fish made the boat chase it for roughly 8 miles.
All on a fly rod.
That Costa Rican looking guy to the right also happens to be my brother. I was going to join them on their trip to Costa Rica, but I though it’d be much nicer to spend the week in icy Chicago.
That’s a nice fish.
|Andrew Kulp on Safety First: Eagles agree to…|
|db21 on Safety First: Eagles agree to…|
|ochospantalones on New Eagles linebacker was Aber…|
|iglue on 3 Stars: Ref disallows late go…|
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return