Mar 15, 2006, 9:41 PM EST
Rumor has it, this is the smaller of two sailfish caught on a fly rod off the coast of Costa Rica this past week. The larger one could would have likely been a world record, but there was some debate about whether to gaff the larger beast. My understanding is that the fish pictured was released and swam away to fight another day. The battle lasted approximately 3.5 hours and the fish made the boat chase it for roughly 8 miles.
All on a fly rod.
That Costa Rican looking guy to the right also happens to be my brother. I was going to join them on their trip to Costa Rica, but I though it’d be much nicer to spend the week in icy Chicago.
That’s a nice fish.
|Mo-Cup-Town on Coming-of-age? Sean Couturier…|
|2sentz on Coming-of-age? Sean Couturier…|
|BenE. on Photos: The giant owl eyes now…|
|Nick Menta on Photos: The giant owl eyes now…|
- This Florida State Ball Boy Is A College Football Hero (this is amazing)
- How A Reporter Eavesdropped On Barry Bonds's Grand Jury Testimony
- Tiger Woods Denies Jason Dufner’s Auburn Angst on Twitter
- Vermeer’s Secret Tool: Testing Whether The Artist Used Mirrors and Lenses to Create His Realistic Images | Vanity Fair
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Tony Wroten made a YouTube movie about the Sixers' young rap group
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages