Jun 30, 2008, 9:47 AM EST
After all the fun we had last week with Shawn Chacon showing Astros GM Ed Wade what the ceiling looks like, we thought we’d received our full allotment of player-on-staff violence for the month of June. Not so. The Providence Journal is reporting that Red Sox outfielder Manny Ramirez shoved the team’s traveling secretary, Jack McCormick, to the ground after a dispute over the tickets Manny had requested.
asked McCormick for 16 tickets for Saturday night’s Red Sox-Astros
game, an unusually high number for day-of-game. In addition to handling
all travel details for clubs, traveling secretaries also take player
ticket requests for both home and away games.
McCormick cautioned Ramirez that he might not be able to fulfill his
request, Ramirez responded by shouting: "Just do your job!
An argument insued [sic] and Ramirez pushed McCormick, sending him to the ground.
Apologies behind closed doors resolved the situation—more proof that talent wins out in most player-team issues. Chacon, who was a disappointment on a disappointing Astros team, gets provoked into a skirmish with his GM, and he’s gone. Manny abuses the help, and it’s water under the bridge. And I say, Rightfully so, America.
|Captain_Awesome on Why Philadelphia lost WrestleM…|
|Chip Smelly on Video: Danny Briere talks fond…|
|db21 on Connor Barwin says Eagles used…|
|2sentz on Video: Danny Briere talks fond…|
- We Found This 20-Year-Old T-Shirt In Kenya. The Internet Found The Original Owner : Planet Money : NPR
- Prior to a doctor’s intervention, Dwight Howard was eating ‘the equivalent of 24 Hershey bars a day’ via candy and soda | Ball Don't Lie - Yahoo Sports
- To Roy Halladay, With Gratitude - The Triangle Blog - Grantland
- Roy Halladay Opens the 2010 Phillies Playoff Run With a NO-HITTER!! | The700Level
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages