Sep 21, 2008, 3:56 PM EDT
(For the Phils-Marlins thread, see below this post)
One thing we hear a lot about here is that the Eagles-Steelers rivalry is yoooge up at Penn State, for obvious reasons. It may not be as intense in Philly and Pittsburgh proper, where divisional rivalries take precedence, but it’s still a pretty good one.
As we’ve talked about throughout the week, this is a close matchup with both teams being pretty good. I still like the Birds’ chances though. Questions of the day include: Can the Andrews-less line provide adequate protection for McNabb? Can the front four get in Big Ben’s, maybe see how that shoulder is feeling early? Will the D be able to contain Willie Parker while keeping an eye on Santonio, Hines, and Heath? If at a wedding, Brian Westbrook’s host ran out of wine, could he turn water into Silver Oak?
On that O-line, Jamaal Jackson will be playing with a heavy heart after
attending funeral services for his brother yesterday. A father of four,
he was killed in a hit-and-run accident a week ago today.
I don’t know how I feel about this, but the panel of geniuses on ESPN NFL Countdown unanimously picked the Eagles to win. Keyshawn was pretty emphatic about it. Whatever, we’ll take it. The Birds are a damn good team, coming off a tough road loss. There’s going to be a lot of motivation not to go 1-2, and it’s a home game. The crowd, who is long since drunk by now with the 4:15 start, should be on fire. Go Birds.
|brandonphilly on Defenseman Signing Day: Flyers…|
|CD on Sixers locked into lottery #2…|
|NBA lottery is rigge… on Sixers locked into lottery #2…|
|J on CEO Scott O’Neil promise…|
- Ask the Maester: Answers to Your Questions About the Royal Wedding Aftermath (and Other Issues of Great Import) «
- Three Thoughts on Stephen Colbert’s Sudden Ascension to David Letterman’s Late-Night Throne «
- First Phillies game
- Billy Hamilton just scored from third base on a pop fly behind second | HardballTalk
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money