Feb 6, 2012, 12:07 PM EDT
A weekend that started out with so much promise really took a turn for the worst for Philadelphia sports fans. LeBron James and the hated Heat simply dominated the Sixers in the 4th quarter on Friday night at a Wells Fargo Center that was frothing at the mouth to watch the smug ones go down. The Flyers dropped two matinee games and really put a damper on the mood leading up to the Super Bowl. At least the Sixers bounced back on Saturday in Atlanta with a real nice win. So it wasn’t a total loss of a weekend.
But the best moment came on Friday night at the packed house in South Philly. The fans were reaaaally getting annoyed with LBJ’s antics, whining after every single frickin’ play, so when Andre Iguodala took the ball coast-to-coast and slammed home one of the most authoritative dunks of the season, it was pure pandemonium.
The feeling didn’t last, but it was a brief moment of unadulterated sports joy amid a weekend of disappointment. [video below]
Now, Dre has a highlight real dunk pretty much every single evening, sometimes more than one, but this slam on Friday night came after a really nice steal and a length-of-the-court drive and was just so powerful. It brought the Sixers to within two points and really was like a middle finger to the Heat. At least until Miami took over and WENT OFF. But we’re allowed to enjoy the little things, yet?
|puckstopper27 on Nick Young throws out Phillies…|
|sfsu on Snapshots: Flyers draw even in…|
|twine time on At least Evan Turner didn…|
|THOM on 2014 Philadelphia Eagles sched…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money