Jan 7, 2008, 12:16 PM EDT
I’m not sure we can ask for much more from Chase Utley, both as an athlete and as a Philadelphia public figure. He’s a perennial MVP candidate, far and away the best in baseball at his position, and he’s also already made a name for himself as a charitable person in the local community. The ladies think he’s "easy to look at" too. His wife Jennifer shares many of his qualities, leading the way on the couple’s charity efforts, as detailed by the Stu Bykofsky of the Daily News and Meech this morning. Rather than just writing checks, the Utleys are dedicating their time and doing a lot to increase awareness of the SPCA’s efforts and needs, as illustrated by this DN cover with some kitties.
I’m more of a dog person, generally believing that cats are evil and on this earth mostly to aggravate the allergies of the innocent. But anything the Chase and Jen like can’t be all bad I guess.
|psudrozz on Should Ray Emery or Steve Maso…|
|Negativo on Should Ray Emery or Steve Maso…|
|Chuck on The Evster’s NBA Playoff…|
|psudrozz on Snapshots: Flyers draw even in…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money