Jan 14, 2011, 11:40 AM EST
In the Sixers loss the other night to the Pacers, Andre Iguodala looked awfully rusty in his first game back after missing a stretch trying to rest his Achilles’ tendinitis. It was not fun for Sixers fans to watch Dre struggle, especially when his… let's call them "less-than-100%-healthy minutes" could be going to other youngsters to help them develop.
The Delco Times' Dennis Deitch has an article this morning wondering whether Andre is being hurried back to the court because the Sixers need him, as Doug Collins says, or whether they want him out there to showcase him for other teams prior to the February 24th trade deadline.
The irony is that his hasty return very well could be related to wanting to move forward without him. A healthy Iguodala would be a nice option for playoff teams trying to fill a need, and there are teams who could use a two-way swingman on the court. But now that his Achilles’ tendon has been giving him this much trouble for this long, it would take quality time on the court for Iguodala to prove he can do that this season.
I think it's safe to say that the majority of Sixers fans would be completely fine without Dre on the squad, especially if the team was able to get anything of substance in return for him in a trade. (Except for that one commenter who LOVES Dre's defense. Yes, his defense is top notch, but does it outweigh all of the other frustrating things he does as the "star player" on the Sixers?)
The next month and a half should be critical in the future of Andre Iguodala and the Sixers.
In other Sixers news, part of Spencer Hawes recent struggles stem from another back injury. You're not going to win many games when two of your starters are hampered by lingering injuries.
|BenE. on Coming-of-age? Sean Couturier…|
|Barry on This outlandish Penn State-the…|
|LightMan on This outlandish Penn State-the…|
|You're Clueless on This outlandish Penn State-the…|
- This Florida State Ball Boy Is A College Football Hero (this is amazing)
- How A Reporter Eavesdropped On Barry Bonds's Grand Jury Testimony
- Tiger Woods Denies Jason Dufner’s Auburn Angst on Twitter
- Vermeer’s Secret Tool: Testing Whether The Artist Used Mirrors and Lenses to Create His Realistic Images | Vanity Fair
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Tony Wroten made a YouTube movie about the Sixers' young rap group
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages