Feb 15, 2010, 2:32 PM EST
A lot of people hate on the Olympics. Don't get me wrong, I can hate with the best of them, but for some strange reason I find myself really enjoying events like the Nordic Combined or the Women's Moguls.
Even though I've got my Canadian mittens on, I can always find time to hate on Sidney Crosby.
With a handful of Flyers suiting up for their home country, the Inquirer has a piece with quotes from the teammates in orange and black playing against each other in the Olympics. It's your standard "you have to play 100% at all times or you'll risk injury" lines from the boys, but Kimmo Timonen didn't miss the opportunity to take a jab at Canada's Sidney Crosby.
"It's hard, but you kind of block that out because they're actually the enemy at that time," he said.
But Timonen conceded he would not take the same approach to checking
Richards as he would Pittsburgh's Sidney Crosby, who is also playing on
"If it's him compared to Crosby, of course, you're going to take it
differently," he said. "But on the other hand, he's still on the
Subtle, yet effective.
Asked of his thoughts if he had an opportunity to crunch Timonen into the boards, Pronger replied: "It sucks to be him."
I believe the full list of Flyers in the Olympics is Kimmo Timonen for Finland, Chris Pronger and Mike Richards for Canada, and Oskars Bartulis playing for the ice hockey powerhouse of Latvia.
In other Flyers news, Michael Leighton was named the second star of the week for his play last week. Nicely done.
>>Flyers become foes in Olympics [Inquirer]
|Matt S. on Eagles officially the hottest…|
|SadKumquat on Peter King: Eagles ‘the disapp…|
|JMRA on Snowballs fly in Washington, B…|
|AJockStrapFeely on Snowballs fly in Washington, B…|
- FBI’s search for ‘Mo,’ suspect in bomb threats, highlights use of malware for surveillance - The Washington Post
- Slow motion video of a base jump going horribly wrong
- This Florida State Ball Boy Is A College Football Hero (this is amazing)
- How A Reporter Eavesdropped On Barry Bonds's Grand Jury Testimony
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Tony Wroten made a YouTube movie about the Sixers' young rap group
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages