Feb 15, 2010, 2:32 PM EST
A lot of people hate on the Olympics. Don't get me wrong, I can hate with the best of them, but for some strange reason I find myself really enjoying events like the Nordic Combined or the Women's Moguls.
Even though I've got my Canadian mittens on, I can always find time to hate on Sidney Crosby.
With a handful of Flyers suiting up for their home country, the Inquirer has a piece with quotes from the teammates in orange and black playing against each other in the Olympics. It's your standard "you have to play 100% at all times or you'll risk injury" lines from the boys, but Kimmo Timonen didn't miss the opportunity to take a jab at Canada's Sidney Crosby.
"It's hard, but you kind of block that out because they're actually the enemy at that time," he said.
But Timonen conceded he would not take the same approach to checking
Richards as he would Pittsburgh's Sidney Crosby, who is also playing on
"If it's him compared to Crosby, of course, you're going to take it
differently," he said. "But on the other hand, he's still on the
Subtle, yet effective.
Asked of his thoughts if he had an opportunity to crunch Timonen into the boards, Pronger replied: "It sucks to be him."
I believe the full list of Flyers in the Olympics is Kimmo Timonen for Finland, Chris Pronger and Mike Richards for Canada, and Oskars Bartulis playing for the ice hockey powerhouse of Latvia.
In other Flyers news, Michael Leighton was named the second star of the week for his play last week. Nicely done.
>>Flyers become foes in Olympics [Inquirer]
|brandonphilly on Video: Danny Briere talks fond…|
|Danimal on Nick Foles gets the Sports Ill…|
|Captain_Awesome on Why Philadelphia lost WrestleM…|
|Chip Smelly on Video: Danny Briere talks fond…|
- We Found This 20-Year-Old T-Shirt In Kenya. The Internet Found The Original Owner : Planet Money : NPR
- Prior to a doctor’s intervention, Dwight Howard was eating ‘the equivalent of 24 Hershey bars a day’ via candy and soda | Ball Don't Lie - Yahoo Sports
- To Roy Halladay, With Gratitude - The Triangle Blog - Grantland
- Roy Halladay Opens the 2010 Phillies Playoff Run With a NO-HITTER!! | The700Level
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages