Sep 4, 2007, 1:38 AM EST
ATLANTA – It seems like last week never happened.
memorable return from the disabled list on Monday. Aaron Rowand’s poke
and Ryan Howard’s bomb on Tuesday. The controversial interference call
on Wednesday. The unforgettable comebacks on Thursday.
Yep. Pretty much says it all. After that AMAZING week, the Phils go to Florida and lose a series then head to Atlanta and start another off on the wrong foot.
But come on now, who was surprised? Not me. While I truly, deeply hoped the Phils could continue their amazing hot streak from last week and make a legitimate push at the Mets, I will forever remain skeptical until I see the Phillies actually playing post season baseball.
Now with that said, it is incredibly frustrating to watch some of the pitchers on this team go out to the mound. I spent a little too much time listening to WIP on Monday and found myself in full force hating on the Phillies mode. (I don’t hate them, I’m just disappointed.) Eskin brought up a good point in the fact that Kane Davis is pitching on this team. Kane Davis? Yeah, who knows.
Then later in the day, BStar brought up an interesting thought (and likely not very relevant at this point but still worth grumbling over) about how the Phils were all set to bring in Soriano for $125 million. They didn’t. So whatever happened to all that money? Doh.
Remember when we thought the Phils starting 6 rotation was the best in the NL. Oh, to yearn for the days of March.
Anyway, don’t forget kids, you’re a Phillies fan. They’re a bunch of teases.
|Chip Smelly on Video: Danny Briere talks fond…|
|sfsu on Phillies sign pitcher formerly…|
|The Bees Knees on Who are these Flyers? Tonight…|
|Northeast Philly on Philly WrestleMania update: no…|
- Prior to a doctor’s intervention, Dwight Howard was eating ‘the equivalent of 24 Hershey bars a day’ via candy and soda | Ball Don't Lie - Yahoo Sports
- To Roy Halladay, With Gratitude - The Triangle Blog - Grantland
- Roy Halladay Opens the 2010 Phillies Playoff Run With a NO-HITTER!! | The700Level
- FBI’s search for ‘Mo,’ suspect in bomb threats, highlights use of malware for surveillance - The Washington Post
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages