Aug 16, 2012, 3:26 PM EST
Not sure how we missed this yesterday, but we just stumbled upon a truly fantastic nugget that CSN’s John Finger got out of Doug Collins at yesterday’s circus-like welcome to Philly presser for Andrew Bynum.
As you’re likely aware, Doug Collins and Boston Celtics head coach Doc Rivers have quite a history together and are close friends to this day. They both also happened to be in London doing television work for the 2012 Olympic Basketball coverage on NBC.
Turns out, the pair were having a little conversation last week on what appears to be the day before the trade for Andrew Bynum went down. Check out how awesome this is.
But when the topic of centers in the NBA came up, Collins must have
had his best poker face or cat-that-ate-the-canary grin. Little did
Rivers know at the time that one of his worst fears was about to join
the Atlantic Division.
“It was kind of funny.
We were talking one night and he was talking about low-post centers and
he said the only guy he really worries about is Andrew Bynum and I was
about ready to choke,” Collins said with a wry smile. “I was thinking,
‘Hey, Doc we’re going to get him tomorrow.’”
Sure, the Celtics may have won the playoff series last year BUT ANDREW BYNUM IS A SIXER, YO!
That must have been an awesome moment for Doug.
|clmull on Snowballs fly in Washington, B…|
|kbwcpa on LeSean McCoy pulls Eagles slei…|
|Matt S. on LeSean McCoy pulls Eagles slei…|
|braindead on Video: Zac Rinaldo racks up 27…|
- FBI’s search for ‘Mo,’ suspect in bomb threats, highlights use of malware for surveillance - The Washington Post
- Slow motion video of a base jump going horribly wrong
- This Florida State Ball Boy Is A College Football Hero (this is amazing)
- How A Reporter Eavesdropped On Barry Bonds's Grand Jury Testimony
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Tony Wroten made a YouTube movie about the Sixers' young rap group
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages