Jun 3, 2009, 12:40 PM EDT
We enjoyed supporting one of our favorite relievers in his battle to prove his integrity to the game of baseball, but I think we can all agree Phillies fans will be a lot happier to see J.C. Romero in the bullpen and available to pitch this evening in San Diego.
Sandy Burgin of MLB.com has a nice lede in a story choc-full of quotes from Romero regarding his return to the bigs.
SAN DIEGO — The "Free J.C." T-shirts that some of the Phillies
players have been sporting the first two months of the season are now
That perhaps is a sign of the times — certainly a sign that
J.C. Romero's 50-game suspension for violating baseball's policy
against performances-enhancing substances is finally coming to end.
J.C. should help to shore up an already strong bullpen, one of the key strengths that led to a parade on Broad Street.
Meanwhile, the Mets' ordained setup man, JJ Putz, looks poised to be stripped of 8th inning duties.
With the Phillies pen being pretty heavily used over the past few weeks, the fresh arm of Romero will be a welcomed addition. Should he get get used this evening, the Philly crowd that has been dominating Petco all week should give him a warm welcome. And when he gets back to Philly he'll really hear our support.
Welcome back, J.C.
|phillyphanatic77 on Ghost Report: Murray Impressed…|
|Hiccup on Cliff Lee struck out 13 Braves…|
|Chutley on Ghost Report: Murray Impressed…|
|Mostel on Cole Hamels gives the most Col…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money