Feb 28, 2007, 12:33 AM EDT
Granted, it will be more of the Kyle Drabek variety than the Cole Hamels variety, but the Phillies will play a "game" of baseball today in Clearwater against Florida State University.
Chase Utley is excited to get things going and thinks the fact that FSU is going to use wood bats gives the Phils an advantage. Yes, I’d hope the Phillies and their $90ish million payroll would have the advantage.
Baseball will be played today.
In other news, Castro says he’s feels energetic and stronger than last season and hopes to make the squad. I mean… Fabio Castro has been looking good this spring. Could both he and Joe Bisenius make the roster?
Also of interest, Reading Phillie Zack Segovia has a spring training journal going over at ReadingPhillies.com.
Our first game is on Wednesday night and
it’s an exhibition against Florida State. It’s later so it will be a
much needed day of sleeping in.
I found out that I am throwing on Sunday in at home against the Yankees
right after Cole (Hamels) gets done with his two or three innings.
Also today, we had Jamie Moyer talk to us a little bit about working
with the media and he gave us a little insight on how to be respectful
of everyone around you.
The real talk around camp is the anticipation of the team golf
tournament which is a great event that all the players and staff
participate in. It’s tomorrow and everyone is excited about it,
especially since the groups have been posted and the trash talking has
By my accounts, the golf tournament should have been yesterday. No word on whether Pat Burrell decided to swing or not.
>>Zack Segovia’s Spring Training Journal [Reading Phillies]
|mfrey0118 on The five best/worst tweets abo…|
|frank on Jason Akeson doesn’t deserve t…|
|Mostel on Cole Hamels gives the most Col…|
|Sid on The five best/worst tweets abo…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money