Dec 21, 2012, 10:22 AM EST
The world did not end today. (Yet.)
But the Sixers’ season still tinkers on the brink of being blown into the great void, to be forgotten like a speeding asteroid that juuust misses earth.
Andrew Bynum had his knee examined on Thursday and the team will address the media this evening to discuss how the big man is doing.
This is it, kids.
5-game losing streaks? Who cares about those if the Andrew Bynum news is positive.
I’m nervous already.
Sixers say GM Tony DiLeo will be available at 5:30pm tonight to discuss Andrew Bynum’s visit with Dr. Altchek.
— Christopher A. Vito (@ChrisVito) December 21, 2012
UPDATE: Many responses on Twitter seem to speculate that if the news was good, the Sixers would simply release it immediately instead of hold it until 5:30 pm on the Friday before Christmas. I’m not that big of a conspiracy theorist. But I suppose it’s possible. What say you?
Sixers 5:30 Presser: “Hey guys, glad the world’s not over, happy friday, bynum’s dead, oh look it’s lou williams, want some donuts?”
— Michael Levin (@Michael_Levin) December 21, 2012
|sfsu on Video: Danny Briere talks fond…|
|Chip Smelly on Video: Danny Briere talks fond…|
|sfsu on Phillies sign pitcher formerly…|
|The Bees Knees on Who are these Flyers? Tonight…|
- Prior to a doctor’s intervention, Dwight Howard was eating ‘the equivalent of 24 Hershey bars a day’ via candy and soda | Ball Don't Lie - Yahoo Sports
- To Roy Halladay, With Gratitude - The Triangle Blog - Grantland
- Roy Halladay Opens the 2010 Phillies Playoff Run With a NO-HITTER!! | The700Level
- FBI’s search for ‘Mo,’ suspect in bomb threats, highlights use of malware for surveillance - The Washington Post
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages