May 26, 2012, 3:27 PM EDT
There’s not much to say at this point. We’ve seen the Sixers and Celtics muddy it up for six straight games and come out all even at three wins apiece. None of that matters now as the victor will be crowned this evening. This is going to be fun.
We know the storylines at this point. The Sixers are going to have to continue to get lock down defense on Paul Pierce out of Andre Iguodala. They’re going to need Elton Brand and Lavoy Allen to try and force Kevin Garnett to take contested shots way outside of the paint. They’re going to have to hope Ray Allen didn’t find the fountain of youth over the past couple of days. And hope that Rondo doesn’t bring his A-game.
And perhaps most importantly, as Doug Collins said, they’re going to have to make every offensive possession count. Limiting the knucklehead turnovers by Jrue, Evan, and Lou will be key. They can’t afford those “dead possessions” in a must-win game.
Yes, the Celtics have the Game 7 experience, but the Sixers have that youthful ignorance and bizarre confidence. And Doug Collins’ team doesn’t really have a whole lot to lose as a team on the rise, never expected to reach this point, while tonight could mark the end of an era in Boston.
I want to see some Evan and Jrue swag tonight, with Elton Brand and Andre Iguodala leaving every ounce of energy and pride they have out on the floor.
Man. This should be fun. Philadelphia 76ers. Boston Celtics. Game 7. The Garden.
Show ya luv, Philly.
|Reneecel on The Phillies plan to ask MLB t…|
|Marvin Monroe on 2014 Philadelphia Eagles sched…|
|willh888 on 2014 Philadelphia Eagles sched…|
|Gregg on 2014 Philadelphia Eagles sched…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money