May 26, 2012, 3:27 PM EST
There’s not much to say at this point. We’ve seen the Sixers and Celtics muddy it up for six straight games and come out all even at three wins apiece. None of that matters now as the victor will be crowned this evening. This is going to be fun.
We know the storylines at this point. The Sixers are going to have to continue to get lock down defense on Paul Pierce out of Andre Iguodala. They’re going to need Elton Brand and Lavoy Allen to try and force Kevin Garnett to take contested shots way outside of the paint. They’re going to have to hope Ray Allen didn’t find the fountain of youth over the past couple of days. And hope that Rondo doesn’t bring his A-game.
And perhaps most importantly, as Doug Collins said, they’re going to have to make every offensive possession count. Limiting the knucklehead turnovers by Jrue, Evan, and Lou will be key. They can’t afford those “dead possessions” in a must-win game.
Yes, the Celtics have the Game 7 experience, but the Sixers have that youthful ignorance and bizarre confidence. And Doug Collins’ team doesn’t really have a whole lot to lose as a team on the rise, never expected to reach this point, while tonight could mark the end of an era in Boston.
I want to see some Evan and Jrue swag tonight, with Elton Brand and Andre Iguodala leaving every ounce of energy and pride they have out on the floor.
Man. This should be fun. Philadelphia 76ers. Boston Celtics. Game 7. The Garden.
Show ya luv, Philly.
|Chutley on Who are these Flyers? Tonight…|
|Adam B on Why Philadelphia lost WrestleM…|
|psudrozz on Who are these Flyers? Tonight…|
|The Bees Knees on Who are these Flyers? Tonight…|
- Prior to a doctor’s intervention, Dwight Howard was eating ‘the equivalent of 24 Hershey bars a day’ via candy and soda | Ball Don't Lie - Yahoo Sports
- To Roy Halladay, With Gratitude - The Triangle Blog - Grantland
- Roy Halladay Opens the 2010 Phillies Playoff Run With a NO-HITTER!! | The700Level
- FBI’s search for ‘Mo,’ suspect in bomb threats, highlights use of malware for surveillance - The Washington Post
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages