Feb 19, 2012, 12:07 PM EDT
Ladies and gentleman, meet James Benjamin Gosewich — or, to his friends and teammates, just “Tuffy.”
Tuffy Gosewich is a 5-11, 180-pound, 28-year-old catcher and my favorite name in camp.
Tuffy has spent the last seven seasons in the minor leagues hopping up and down from Lakewood to Clearwater to Reading to Lehigh Valley. He hit for a .247 batting average, 66 RsBI and 13 home runs in AA in 2011.
This, if you haven’t figured out, is our way of saying “pitchers and catchers reported yesterday and the first workouts are today.”
Happy Spring Training, everybody.
|Eng E on At least Evan Turner didn…|
|JJ on At least Evan Turner didn…|
|nahroots on Ryan Howard suddenly off to on…|
|Howie on Exit Interviews: Evaluating th…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money