Dec 9, 2011, 11:39 AM EST
Somehow lost in last evening’s Chris Paul-David Stern-Dan Gilbert traveshamockery was a late night report that veteran sharpshooter Jason Kapono is on his way to the Los Angeles Lakers, and that the league is actually going to just let it happen.
What can be said for Kapono’s time as a Sixer? No, really, that wasn’t rhetorical. Help us out here.
Traded from Toronto to Philadelphia in return for Reggie Evans in 2009, Kapono played almost a full season (81 games) over the past two years. On the bright side, uh…On the other hand, there’s the fact that we traded a hard-nosed defender with a Top-10 beard and a desire to do nothing but “hoop” for a guy who decided it would be kitsch to change his jersey number to 72 based on his affinity for shooting 12.5% from 3 last season. Though, in his defense, he didn’t know he was going to be that bad when he made the number change.
So, to recap, the Los Angeles Lakers don’t have Chris Paul, but do have two game-changing all-stars who they publicly failed to trade less than 24-hours ago AND Jason Kapono.
Catch the season premiere of the Lake Show on December 25th on ABC. It’s gonna be a good one.
|brandonphilly on Video: Danny Briere talks fond…|
|Danimal on Nick Foles gets the Sports Ill…|
|Captain_Awesome on Why Philadelphia lost WrestleM…|
|Chip Smelly on Video: Danny Briere talks fond…|
- We Found This 20-Year-Old T-Shirt In Kenya. The Internet Found The Original Owner : Planet Money : NPR
- Prior to a doctor’s intervention, Dwight Howard was eating ‘the equivalent of 24 Hershey bars a day’ via candy and soda | Ball Don't Lie - Yahoo Sports
- To Roy Halladay, With Gratitude - The Triangle Blog - Grantland
- Roy Halladay Opens the 2010 Phillies Playoff Run With a NO-HITTER!! | The700Level
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages