Mar 26, 2012, 10:51 AM EDT
Sunday night’s Sixers loss down in San Antonio was not the kind of game that would put a smile on the face of any Philadelphia fans, but at least someone who puts together the official box scores for the game was in a jovial mood. Tim Duncan did not play in the contest despite not being injured and instead of the usual “DNP – Coach’s Decision” next to his name at the end of the box score, Duncan was noted as not playing for being “old.” [videos below]
Deadspin first pointed this out and you can still actually see it on the Yahoo box score. Tim Duncan may be old, and the Spurs didn’t even need him to handle the Sixers on Sunday, but that seems like a harsh way to treat one of the best to put on an NBA uniform over the last decade.
The Sixers are off tonight before hosting Cleveland on Tuesday. With a Boston win this evening, the Sixers will lose hold of their Atlantic Division lead.
|Fly guy on Dan Carcillo gives Flyers fans…|
|Chief on Dan Carcillo gives Flyers fans…|
|Scott B on Dan Carcillo gives Flyers fans…|
|Jay D on Dan Carcillo gives Flyers fans…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money