Jul 14, 2009, 10:30 AM EDT
Chase's potty mouth somehow got through on the air, though it regrettably has been edited out of subsequent re-runs. Meanwhile, Chase failed to make it three Phillie winners in four years in the Derby, as he hit a mere five home runs in the first round–two more than last-place finisher (and eventual World Series foe) Evan Longoria, but a mere 23 less than first-round champ Josh Hamilton. But before the year was over, he'd drop at least one more hugely memorable f-bomb, when at the Phillies' championship parade, he summed up a quarter-century of relieved Philly sports frustration in another three-word phrase: "World Fucking Champions!!!"
It's somewhat surprising for what seems to be such a relatively mild-mannered dude, but then again, perhaps Chase views cursing the same way he views on-base percentage–it's all about plate discipline.
From the Archives: Chase's Four Letter Fallout
|mattybo24 on Exit Interviews: Evaluating th…|
|thekrisheim on Dan Carcillo gives Flyers fans…|
|Marvin Monroe on Dan Carcillo gives Flyers fans…|
|The Green Hornet on Ryan Howard suddenly off to on…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money