Mar 14, 2006, 11:11 AM EST
We all knew it was coming and for the most part it is just a formality, but Terrell Owens will be officially released from being a Philadelphia Eagle today before 4 pm.
I suggest taking a walk down memory lane today and reflecting on the fact that your best receiver is now going into his second season in the NFL. But don’t fret, the Eagles are bringing in back up tight end Matt Schobel! Unfortunately, their number one receiving free agent prospect, Brian Finneran, said thanks but no thanks. Lurie? Are you serious? There have been rumors of a Javon Walker trade with Green Bay, but the chances of that happening are pretty slim. Eric Moulds is still begging to be let go or traded up in Canada. It could be a long season for Birds fans.
-Terrell Owens: it was the best of times, it was the worst of times. [The700Level]
-Owens release date arrives without much interest [ESPN]
-UPDATE: One line press release is all it took to make it official: "The Philadelphia Eagles today announced they have terminated the contract of WR Terrell Owens"
|2sentz on Chip Kelly doesn’t belie…|
|MJS on Who are these Flyers? Tonight…|
|romanKanai on Michael Young Is Posting Some…|
|Jason R. on We’re comparing Michael…|
- Prior to a doctor’s intervention, Dwight Howard was eating ‘the equivalent of 24 Hershey bars a day’ via candy and soda | Ball Don't Lie - Yahoo Sports
- To Roy Halladay, With Gratitude - The Triangle Blog - Grantland
- Roy Halladay Opens the 2010 Phillies Playoff Run With a NO-HITTER!! | The700Level
- FBI’s search for ‘Mo,’ suspect in bomb threats, highlights use of malware for surveillance - The Washington Post
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages