Feb 22, 2006, 8:25 AM EST
I usually love a good trade rumor, but, quite frankly, I’m tired of them. I’d rather just dwell on the fact that Billy King is inept. The latest out on the rumor mill had Billy seriously thinking about a deal that would have sent Iverson to Denver:
I wrote Friday in our blog from All-Star Weekend that the Sixers, if not actively shopping Allen Iverson, were indeed exploring their Iverson options before the deadline.
Bucher took it a (big) step further on Tuesday night’s NBA Coast to
Coast on ESPN2 when he reported that the Nuggets tried to acquire
Iverson with a package built around Nene and Watson (and presumably
including draft picks as well). The Sixers briefly considered it, Buch
says, before declining.
I’m not sure how Philly would have reacted to that one. I mean, can’t we get Kevin Garnet, LeBron James, and 4 first rounders for the aging Iverson?
In Phillies non-trade news, Bobby Abreu, typical to his non-emotive self, isn’t bothered by trade talks.
"It was a rumor and I think it was untrue," Abreu said Tuesday after
the Phillies held their first full-team workout. "I was in Venezuela
resting. I heard things. I don’t know where they came from."
Hey Bob, they were true buddy. According to Jayson Stark the Phillies wanted to deal Abreu even more than we thought:
But unless a whole lot of other clubs are lying, Abreu’s team (the
Phillies) tried even harder to trade him than the Red Sox tried to
trade Manny. And unless Abreu’s friends are lying, the reigning Home
Run Derby champ was a lot more steamed about it than he claimed he was
after checking into the Phillies’ spring-training camp Tuesday.
So lots of talk and no action, awesome. While we are on the subject, maybe we can trade McNabb to Minnesota and get Daunte Culpepper. That was a brilliant move thought up by the moron on the morning show.
|Trisha T on Roy Halladay places ad in Dail…|
|sw on Roy Halladay places ad in Dail…|
|Tyler on Vinny Lecavalier to miss at le…|
|willh888 on Roy Halladay places ad in Dail…|
- Roy Halladay Opens the 2010 Phillies Playoff Run With a NO-HITTER!! | The700Level
- FBI’s search for ‘Mo,’ suspect in bomb threats, highlights use of malware for surveillance - The Washington Post
- Slow motion video of a base jump going horribly wrong
- This Florida State Ball Boy Is A College Football Hero (this is amazing)
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages