Jan 15, 2005, 10:36 PM EST
I had ridiculous 3rd row tickets to the Trey Anastasio show at the Tower which is going on right now, but I happen to be in Illinois so I couldn’t go. Thanks to xpn.org I am still listening to the show. The show is being broadcast as I type over the Internet. Also, thanks to cell phone technology, I even got a picture sent to me from the seats I should have been in as I listened from hundreds of miles away.
Trey is playing a solo acoustic set in the middle of the show. He completely messed up My Friend My Friend and blamed it on the web cast on xpn and then said something like "It’s the internet’s fault that Phish stopped playing!" Then he busted into NICU and it was pretty damn sweet.
Trey noted numerous times how Philly energy is unlike any other place.
Damn, he just went into Bouncin which is completely nostalgic of when I was 16. It sounds like he is basically taking requests from the crowd. Then he went into Pebbles and Marbles which is one of the better songs Phish produced in their final few years and a song which sounds great on solo acoustic.
I love the Internets, except for the whole fact that the Internet broke Phish up.
Side note: for all of you fans, my sources tell me Trey and Mike will be doing an acoustic tour in early ’06.
|dawkisgod on Video: If Chip Kelly calls a […|
|David Seasholtz on Looking back at Philadelphia p…|
|Andrew Kulp on Coming-of-age? Sean Couturier…|
|BenE. on Coming-of-age? Sean Couturier…|
- This Florida State Ball Boy Is A College Football Hero (this is amazing)
- How A Reporter Eavesdropped On Barry Bonds's Grand Jury Testimony
- Tiger Woods Denies Jason Dufner’s Auburn Angst on Twitter
- Vermeer’s Secret Tool: Testing Whether The Artist Used Mirrors and Lenses to Create His Realistic Images | Vanity Fair
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Tony Wroten made a YouTube movie about the Sixers' young rap group
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages