Aug 3, 2012, 2:36 PM EST
Maalik Wayns! At some point over the last few days the Sixers added the former Villanova star to their bizarre roster. It was just the latest in a very strange summer. Their offseason has induced head scratch after head scratch. Clearly, they’re not built to make huge strides in 2012-2013 and they fittingly landed on Sports Illustrated’s list of most concerning offseasons.
Zach Lowe does a nice job running through all of the moves and pointing out that they didn’t exactly get any better. But the kicker… the kicker is that they’re flexible and probably (hopefully!) have some sort of longer term plan in place. After mentioning their potentially limited cap space next summer, he concludes:
That could change if they dump Iguodala between now and then, and I
suspect the Sixers have a few possible next steps in mind. They’ve
replaced Brand’s single massive contract with several mid-sized ones
that might be easier to fit in package deals, and mostly expire after
this season anyway. Let’s see what they do.
Yes, let’s see what they do next. But we have to watch them until they do whatever is next. That may be painful-ish.
Lowe’s conclusion basically goes along with the idea that the next season or two are going to be a real test to see if Jrue and Evan are worth building around to form a legit contender for the future. If not? Well, then we’ve got to come up with another plan.
|BenE. on Chip Kelly doesn’t belie…|
|Captain_Awesome on Why Philadelphia lost WrestleM…|
|Cuban on We’re comparing Michael…|
|2sentz on Chip Kelly doesn’t belie…|
- Prior to a doctor’s intervention, Dwight Howard was eating ‘the equivalent of 24 Hershey bars a day’ via candy and soda | Ball Don't Lie - Yahoo Sports
- To Roy Halladay, With Gratitude - The Triangle Blog - Grantland
- Roy Halladay Opens the 2010 Phillies Playoff Run With a NO-HITTER!! | The700Level
- FBI’s search for ‘Mo,’ suspect in bomb threats, highlights use of malware for surveillance - The Washington Post
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages