Feb 28, 2010, 2:42 PM EST
The 2010 Vancouver Games have been a delight to watch, especially with the Americans dominating the medal count. Our friendly neighbors to the north are surely disappointed they didn't "Own the Podium," but I'm going to guess most of them would feel just fine about the games overall if their men can take home hockey gold this afternoon.
This U.S. hockey team, with their youth, has been the best of the tournament thus far, but to truly put their mark on the Vancouver Games they're going to have to beat the Canadians a second time on their home ice. Certainly not an easy task.
The best goalie of the Olympic tournament has clearly been the U.S.'s Ryan Miller who has led the American's past every team they've faced. Miller needs just one more dominating performance to reach legend status. Thirty years after the Americans pulled off a Miracle, a new batch of young hockey players look to hear their anthem on the podium this afternoon and bring home a piece of gold.
The gravity of this game is clearly different for each respective country. If the Canadians lose, a nation will fall into deep depression. If the U.S. loses, I'll flip over to the NFL Network and watch guys in Lycra do 40-yard dashes.
It's the match up we've all been hoping for and now we've got it. U-S-A, baby.
|sfsu on Video: Danny Briere talks fond…|
|Chip Smelly on Video: Danny Briere talks fond…|
|sfsu on Phillies sign pitcher formerly…|
|The Bees Knees on Who are these Flyers? Tonight…|
- Prior to a doctor’s intervention, Dwight Howard was eating ‘the equivalent of 24 Hershey bars a day’ via candy and soda | Ball Don't Lie - Yahoo Sports
- To Roy Halladay, With Gratitude - The Triangle Blog - Grantland
- Roy Halladay Opens the 2010 Phillies Playoff Run With a NO-HITTER!! | The700Level
- FBI’s search for ‘Mo,’ suspect in bomb threats, highlights use of malware for surveillance - The Washington Post
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages