Jan 9, 2009, 3:20 PM EST
Bob Costas caught up with Mike Vick for an interview that aired during last night's pregame show, and let's just say he doesn't seem too thrilled to be here.
"It would be hard," Vick said of returning to the Eagles, according to excerpts released by NBC. "It would be an everyday struggle. But I would have to take that time to hone my skills and get better. I'm excited about the opportunity I have moving forward whether it's with Philadelphia or another team."
Don't worry, Mike. It would be hard to have you back as well.
Let's face it: the wildcat is, surprise, not working. It's a gimmick package that disrupts the rhythm of the offense and seems to confuse their own huddle more than opposing defenses. There's something to be said for occasionally direct snapping to an athlete like DeSean Jackson or LeSean McCoy, but dragging Donovan McNabb off the field to use Vick mostly as a decoy has rarely been productive. And with Kevin Kolb giving the team a pair of decent starts in relief of McNabb, there's really no need to keep him on as a backup quarterback. Starting obviously is, and always was, out of the question.
None of this is really a revelation though. We speculated long ago one of the motivating factors to bring Vick in was to flip him for picks the following offseason. He's still not going to be worth a whole lot, having done very little on the field, especially with a $5.2 million salary. If they can't move him though, they can simply wave goodbye. And they will. Even if they somehow manage to jump start their Spread Eagle package, that's too much money for a guy to play 10 or fewer snaps per game.
So never fear, Mike Vick. You'll be under center for an aimless franchise soon enough.
>> Vick on return to Birds: 'It would be hard' [Philly.com]
|dialectician on Phillies sign pitcher formerly…|
|willh888 on Phillies sign pitcher formerly…|
|mike on Who are these Flyers? Tonight…|
|No Hope on Phillies sign pitcher formerly…|
- Prior to a doctor’s intervention, Dwight Howard was eating ‘the equivalent of 24 Hershey bars a day’ via candy and soda | Ball Don't Lie - Yahoo Sports
- To Roy Halladay, With Gratitude - The Triangle Blog - Grantland
- Roy Halladay Opens the 2010 Phillies Playoff Run With a NO-HITTER!! | The700Level
- FBI’s search for ‘Mo,’ suspect in bomb threats, highlights use of malware for surveillance - The Washington Post
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages