Oct 18, 2012, 12:23 PM EST
Maalik Wayns wasn’t the only Sixers rookie who impressed on Wednesday night with the 27th overall pick in June’s draft, big man Arnett Moultrie, putting in perhaps his best performance to date as a pro. He shot 4 of 5 from the floor with 6 boards, a steal, zero turnovers, and a +13 +/- in 22 minutes. Again, the Cavs, but still.
The highlight of the night for Moultrie came on a missed layup from Wayns which Arnett timed perfectly for the put-back slam. Andre Iguodala may be gone, but the Sixers clearly still have some guys who can come through with some eye-popping dunks. This Thad Young one-handed put back last night wasn’t too shabby either.
Which leads to the question: the Sixers now Lou-less bench probably needs a new nickname, right?
With the speedy Wayns, the scoring Swaggy P, and the versatile Dorrell Wright as a second unit back-court/wings, and with Spencer Hawes and Thad Young up front, the Sixers bench can pack a strong offensive punch.
But with Lou Williams gone and Lavoy potentially transitioning to a starting role if Bynum is out, I think reusing the Night Shift moniker probably won’t fit.
It’s early with this squad, and a nickname needs to happen organically to work best, but do any ideas jump out at you?
|BenE. on Video: Zac Rinaldo racks up 27…|
|Mick on Video: Zac Rinaldo racks up 27…|
|mike on Video: Zac Rinaldo racks up 27…|
|Z on Video: Zac Rinaldo racks up 27…|
- FBI’s search for ‘Mo,’ suspect in bomb threats, highlights use of malware for surveillance - The Washington Post
- Slow motion video of a base jump going horribly wrong
- This Florida State Ball Boy Is A College Football Hero (this is amazing)
- How A Reporter Eavesdropped On Barry Bonds's Grand Jury Testimony
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Tony Wroten made a YouTube movie about the Sixers' young rap group
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages