Jan 29, 2013, 10:50 AM EDT
The Sixers didn’t do quite enough “shaking, baking, and Philly cheesesteak-ing” last night to get the win over the Memphis Grizzlies in South Philadelphia. Yes, he really says that all the time. (Much more on the tough loss here) But they did play a rather flawless first quarter in which they scored 33 points and were off and running the entire time.
Sixers broadcaster Malik Rose used famous movie character Forrest Gump in his keys to the game to emphasize Doug Collins’ squad’s need to get out and running all night to beat the Griz. He then proceeded to bring up Mr. Gump and his penchant for running over and over and over. Even his partner Marc Zumoff was impressed with his ability to keep the bit… running.
|puckstopper27 on Nick Young throws out Phillies…|
|sfsu on Snapshots: Flyers draw even in…|
|twine time on At least Evan Turner didn…|
|THOM on 2014 Philadelphia Eagles sched…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money