Feb 1, 2009, 11:01 AM EDT
The Flyers are in the middle of a much-needed long stretch of days off, but the NHL news is at hot as it gets today. In the clip below, you can see the two on-ice events that has everyone abuzz. First, Alex Ovechkin goes knee-to-knee with Tim Gleason, giving further ammo to the growing group of detractors that say AO is a dirty (yet obviously talented) player. The hit was careless and stupid on several levels, not the least of which being that Ovie also hurt himself with it. Most believe some league discipline is on the way, or should be, with these incidents becoming less and less "isolated" for Ovechkin.
Then, speaking of careless and stupid… Watch as Keith Ballard winds up and baseball-bat slashes his own goalie in the head (accidentally, kinda), sending him off on a stretcher and to the hospital. Video ATJ.
|IlliniGlory on Dan Carcillo gives Flyers fans…|
|sfsu on The Phillies plan to ask MLB t…|
|sfsu on Should Ray Emery or Steve Maso…|
|sfsu on Ray Emery will go again for Fl…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money