Mar 12, 2011, 9:30 PM EST
The Flyers are playing the Atlanta Thrashers tonight in South Philly, trying to survive a Thrashers surge in the third period ABSOLUTELY BLOWING a 3-0 third period lead. Ville Leino played a hell of a game though, scoring his first career hat trick. There was an impressive showing of hats on the ice, but one guy thought he'd go ahead and toss his shoe. I wonder which Express he was on. No word yet as to whether the other shoe was thrown on the ice after the Flyers' meltdown in the third. Up 3-0 going into the final period, they were up 4-2 with 3 minutes left. And lost, 5-4 in OT.
Video of the Leino goals below.
After they came back from break, Coatsey presented us with the shoe. Knowing now how the game would end, it just feels weird watching the last Leino goal, particularly Jonesy's March Madness reference. On the bright side, Coatsey had a little help cleaning up.
|Earl on Coming-of-age? Sean Couturier…|
|biggirlcookiemonster on Michael Carter-Williams doesn…|
|red2gold on Even your phone thinks Nick Fo…|
|Davey u on Are the 2013 Philadelphia Eagl…|
- How A Reporter Eavesdropped On Barry Bonds's Grand Jury Testimony
- Tiger Woods Denies Jason Dufner’s Auburn Angst on Twitter
- Vermeer’s Secret Tool: Testing Whether The Artist Used Mirrors and Lenses to Create His Realistic Images | Vanity Fair
- TV My Wife Watches: Q&A with Myself about the Upcoming Bachelor Season
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Tony Wroten made a YouTube movie about the Sixers' young rap group
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages