Apr 11, 2008, 7:34 AM EST
Here we go again. The Matt Holliday Question resurfaces. After 12 long innings of quiet baseball, the Mets made some noise in the bottom of the frame, with Jose Reyes smacking a double off of Tom Gordon, and was knocked in Angel Pagan, who we think is the child of parents from rival biker gangs. But was Reyes tagged out by Chris Coste at the plate after a laser of a throw from Jason Werth in center? Here’s some video of the play, the second replay being the most telling, but it still isn’t definitive.
Meech has some great overhead stills, and he calls bullshit on the whole deal. (When I went to B&C this morning, I was hoping to see some mockery of that pale Myth Busters-looking fan who was in every frame behind right-handed hitters—the guy with the red beard, and bald head he later covered with a ridiculous hat. Mets fans.) A look on the bright side, after the jump.
OK so the Phils lost to the Mets, dropping 2 of 3 at Shea. They still spoiled the last opener at that shitbox and showed the Mets (and let’s face it, us) that they’re going to make some noise this year. That was as close to a series split as you can get in a 3-game matchup, and the Phils were without Jimmy Rollins for the last two games.
Adam Eaton continued his great play against the Mets (5-0), but didn’t get the run support he needed. That support will come when things warm up, but this is a totally different team if Eaton can continue to pitch anywhere near this well. Tom Gordon was on the hill for the game-winning run, but if it weren’t a 12-inning game, he wouldn’t have had to throw two innings. In his first inning, the 11th, Gordon struck out the first two hitters and got the third to fly out. The bullpen overall pitched very well, with solid frames from Brad Lidge, Ryan Madson, Rudy Seanez, and JC Romero (who pitched out of a jam).
Ryan Howard drove a ball deep to center, and Pedro Feliz hit his first homer as a Phillie. Eric Bruntlett didn’t commit an error. Cole Hamels plays well even on his off-days. And the Flyers and Caps start their playoff series tonight.
|braindead on Video: Zac Rinaldo racks up 27…|
|nyphilsphan on LeSean McCoy pulls Eagles slei…|
|caliphornian on Snowballs fly in Washington, B…|
|BenE. on LeSean McCoy pulls Eagles slei…|
- FBI’s search for ‘Mo,’ suspect in bomb threats, highlights use of malware for surveillance - The Washington Post
- Slow motion video of a base jump going horribly wrong
- This Florida State Ball Boy Is A College Football Hero (this is amazing)
- How A Reporter Eavesdropped On Barry Bonds's Grand Jury Testimony
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Tony Wroten made a YouTube movie about the Sixers' young rap group
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages