Sep 10, 2010, 2:48 PM EST
Yahoo!'s Dave Brown caught up with the great Canadian outfielder for the San Diego Padres and WFC Matt Stairs to talk beer, food, names that are also inanimate objects, and all sorts of goofy stuff. Stairs enjoys a good Maritime Beer and some pizza. Sounds like our kind of guy. So how'd he lose all of that weight and get down to 200 (!) lbs?
DB: Is this because of the Nutrisystem cult? Is the major league lifestyle — the travel, the limited food choices late at night — conducive to eating healthy?
Matt Stairs: I have to take [the Nutrisystem food] with me.
DB: Is Charlie Manuel your sponsor?
MS: He got me on it, yeah [laughs]. I wouldn't say he's my sponsor. *They're* my sponsor [pulls open drawer filled with Nutrisystem food].
Stairsy claims the chicken and penne pasta is delicious, but we're skeptical.
The whole Q&A with the Answer Man is off the wall and worth checking out if for nothing more than to learn how Stairs got his new nickname in San Diego.
|Mo-Cup-Town on Coming-of-age? Sean Couturier…|
|2sentz on Coming-of-age? Sean Couturier…|
|BenE. on Photos: The giant owl eyes now…|
|Nick Menta on Photos: The giant owl eyes now…|
- This Florida State Ball Boy Is A College Football Hero (this is amazing)
- How A Reporter Eavesdropped On Barry Bonds's Grand Jury Testimony
- Tiger Woods Denies Jason Dufner’s Auburn Angst on Twitter
- Vermeer’s Secret Tool: Testing Whether The Artist Used Mirrors and Lenses to Create His Realistic Images | Vanity Fair
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Tony Wroten made a YouTube movie about the Sixers' young rap group
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages