Jun 28, 2012, 10:13 PM EST
With the 27th pick, the Miami Heat selected Mississippi State power forward Arnett Moultrie, but Moultrie is actually on his way to Philadelphia.
ESPN’s Chad Ford is reporting that the Sixers will give up a future first-rounder (lottery protected in 2013, ’14 and ’15) and the 45th overall selection in tonight’s draft for his rights.
The 6-foot-11, 230-pound Moultrie was one of six big men to work out for the Sixers last Saturday morning at PCOM. Evidently, Collins/DiLeo/Thorn et al. liked what they saw.
Moultrie began his college career at UTEP, where he’d played for two seasons before transferring. Following a mandatory year off thanks to the transfer, his numbers took a drastic leap once at Miss. State. He averaged 16.4 points and 10.5 rebounds per game as a junior.
Moultrie can play inside-out, shooting 54 percent from the floor and 44 percent from three last year. While at the workout, he appeared plenty comfortable stepping out and shooting from the far corners, which should help to space and stretch the floor when he’s not trying to establish in the post. Still, if he is going to body, he’ll need to add some strength and weight so as not to get pushed off his spot or boxed out on the boards.
The Sixers end the night by trading the 54th pick to the Nets for cash. We’ll be back in the morning with more on the Sixers two first round picks — Moe Harkless and Arnett Moultrie.
|dawkisgod on Video: If Chip Kelly calls a […|
|David Seasholtz on Looking back at Philadelphia p…|
|Andrew Kulp on Coming-of-age? Sean Couturier…|
|BenE. on Coming-of-age? Sean Couturier…|
- This Florida State Ball Boy Is A College Football Hero (this is amazing)
- How A Reporter Eavesdropped On Barry Bonds's Grand Jury Testimony
- Tiger Woods Denies Jason Dufner’s Auburn Angst on Twitter
- Vermeer’s Secret Tool: Testing Whether The Artist Used Mirrors and Lenses to Create His Realistic Images | Vanity Fair
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Tony Wroten made a YouTube movie about the Sixers' young rap group
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages