Jun 9, 2009, 11:48 PM EST
While the Flyers haven't officially said what Wednesday's "major announcement" at 11:00 am will be about, general manager Paul Holmgren was spotted at Philadelphia International Airport this evening picking up net minder Ray Emery. The deal can't be inked until the July 1st free agent period begins, but most reports are pointing to a one-year, $1.5 million deal.
The looming announcement of Emery seems to be polarizing the loyal Flyers fan base. If he can play at Marty Biron levels at a steep discount, it could allow the team to add some punch elsewhere.
Screen cap from MyPhl17 late Tuesday night.
|Pipes on Video: Zac Rinaldo racks up 27…|
|Nick on Snowballs fly in Washington, B…|
|robert dolbow on Are the 2013 Philadelphia Eagl…|
|Handsome Pete on Photos: Temple Basketball will…|
- FBI’s search for ‘Mo,’ suspect in bomb threats, highlights use of malware for surveillance - The Washington Post
- Slow motion video of a base jump going horribly wrong
- This Florida State Ball Boy Is A College Football Hero (this is amazing)
- How A Reporter Eavesdropped On Barry Bonds's Grand Jury Testimony
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Tony Wroten made a YouTube movie about the Sixers' young rap group
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages