Aug 31, 2009, 12:36 PM EDT
Darren Rovell of CNBC's Sports Biz is reporting that from April 1 to August 28, the leading jerseys in terms of sales at NFLShop.com include Brett Favre's Vikings gear at #1 and Michael Vick's Eagles debut at #4. Considering how late in this fiscal period both guys signed with their new teams, that's saying something. Vick is the only Eagle to crack the top 20.
Well-known players changing teams usually leads to a spike in jersey sales, but I say "well-known" here because it fits better than "popular" when it comes to Favre and Vick, who are probably the two most polarizing players in the NFL right now. I still have yet to see someone wearing a Vick jersey in person, but I'm sure that will change any minute now.
By the way, if you're on twitter, I highly recommend following Rovell @darrenrovell1.
|Phil From Mt Airy on Nerlens Noel played 4-on-4 tod…|
|fknboz on Nerlens Noel played 4-on-4 tod…|
|Andrew M on Nerlens Noel played 4-on-4 tod…|
|Mostel on Patrick Chung’s reign of…|
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return