Jun 1, 2005, 1:15 PM EST
Good news for Bird fans. Brian Westbrook has signed the tender offer from the Eagles worth approximately 1.4 million for this coming season.
Unlike Terrell Owens, Westbrook has never threatened to sit out of training camp if a long term deal was not reached. The Eagles didn’t ink BWest to a long term deal, but sured up their backfield for the coming season.
Westbrook is the teams most versatile offensive weapon and a vital part of their offense. His signing today is great news. It’s nice to see a player refrain from bitching about being underpaid, which 1.4 million may be for a player of BWest’s caliber, and accept his money and report to camp to help out the team. BWest is a like-able guy, and I would love to see him get a long term deal here, but I am not going to question A.R. and Joe Banner on their personel moves if they get us back to the Superbowl.
|BenE. on Video: Zac Rinaldo racks up 27…|
|t800m101 on Video: Zac Rinaldo racks up 27…|
|G_E on GIF: Jason Kelce’s beard…|
|G_E on Photo Gallery and Tweets: Linc…|
- FBI’s search for ‘Mo,’ suspect in bomb threats, highlights use of malware for surveillance - The Washington Post
- Slow motion video of a base jump going horribly wrong
- This Florida State Ball Boy Is A College Football Hero (this is amazing)
- How A Reporter Eavesdropped On Barry Bonds's Grand Jury Testimony
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Tony Wroten made a YouTube movie about the Sixers' young rap group
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages