Jun 10, 2010, 1:04 PM EDT
There's no more hockey for a while. It all ended so quickly last night and now we're left with a big void in our lives. We'll need to fill it somehow. For some, they may spend their time watching more baseball, or researching some SABR stats trying to explain the Phillies' recent struggles. For others, they may get into the Philly Union or the World Cup and try to really learn the beautiful game so we can understand just how phenomenal Rev's posts are. For the crazies, maybe you'll spend some time studying up on Doug Collins and the debate over who should be selected number two overall in the upcoming NBA draft. Oh, and Kulp will be reading every OTA tweet like it was sent from the Emergency Broadcast Service. Life or death stuff coming out of those OTAs.
Me? I'll be headed to Boston tomorrow to take in the Phillies series at legendary Fenway Park. I was hoping to have to cancel that trip.
The kids over at the Maple Leafs blog Down Goes Brown have a pretty good list of things that hockey fans can do this offseason.
- Buy an expensive bottle of wine, light a few candles, cook a romantic
meal, and eat it alone in the dark after realizing your spouse left you
two months ago.
- Head to library and sign out a collection of the world's greatest
sonnets; come home and see if any of them are the right size to prop up
that wobbly leg on your bigscreen TV stand.
- Touch up resume, send it to the Chicago Tribune for upcoming sports
- Figure out the names of the guys in the band that sings that "Chelsea
Dagger" song. Find them. Punch them all repeatedly in the face.
Check out their full list here.
What are you going to do with your life now that it's your own once again?
|shopping online on Eagles, Cedric Thornton agree…|
|shopping.google.nl on Hunter Pence Rides ‘Let…|
|Chutley on Snapshots: Flyers draw even in…|
|sfsu on Snapshots: Flyers draw even in…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money