Jun 10, 2010, 1:04 PM EST
There's no more hockey for a while. It all ended so quickly last night and now we're left with a big void in our lives. We'll need to fill it somehow. For some, they may spend their time watching more baseball, or researching some SABR stats trying to explain the Phillies' recent struggles. For others, they may get into the Philly Union or the World Cup and try to really learn the beautiful game so we can understand just how phenomenal Rev's posts are. For the crazies, maybe you'll spend some time studying up on Doug Collins and the debate over who should be selected number two overall in the upcoming NBA draft. Oh, and Kulp will be reading every OTA tweet like it was sent from the Emergency Broadcast Service. Life or death stuff coming out of those OTAs.
Me? I'll be headed to Boston tomorrow to take in the Phillies series at legendary Fenway Park. I was hoping to have to cancel that trip.
The kids over at the Maple Leafs blog Down Goes Brown have a pretty good list of things that hockey fans can do this offseason.
- Buy an expensive bottle of wine, light a few candles, cook a romantic
meal, and eat it alone in the dark after realizing your spouse left you
two months ago.
- Head to library and sign out a collection of the world's greatest
sonnets; come home and see if any of them are the right size to prop up
that wobbly leg on your bigscreen TV stand.
- Touch up resume, send it to the Chicago Tribune for upcoming sports
- Figure out the names of the guys in the band that sings that "Chelsea
Dagger" song. Find them. Punch them all repeatedly in the face.
Check out their full list here.
What are you going to do with your life now that it's your own once again?
|BenE. on Nick Foles gets the Sports Ill…|
|Fat Ted on Take a hike, Tom Brady: Eagles…|
|thekrisheim on Nick Foles gets the Sports Ill…|
|Trotter54 on Cole Hamels, Cliff Lee, Dom Br…|
- To Roy Halladay, With Gratitude - The Triangle Blog - Grantland
- Roy Halladay Opens the 2010 Phillies Playoff Run With a NO-HITTER!! | The700Level
- FBI’s search for ‘Mo,’ suspect in bomb threats, highlights use of malware for surveillance - The Washington Post
- Slow motion video of a base jump going horribly wrong
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages