Apr 13, 2010, 5:02 PM EDT
"Your bat is your weapon," Chase Utley says. "[It's] important to have a bat you like, gives you that confidence, and if you have that confidence, you're going to be successful."
Some people use a saw and a hammer, some people use a calculator, some people use a MacBook, and some lucky individuals get to use a baseball bat and a leather glove as the tools of their trade. Something about a baseball bat being made is fascinating. We posted about Ryan Howard using Marucci bats back in February of 2008, and here's a video about how Marucci bats are made. Chase Utley talks about his wood in part 2 below. Plus, totally awesome beards.
|Howie on Exit Interviews: Evaluating th…|
|bgp on At least Evan Turner didn…|
|mattybo24 on Exit Interviews: Evaluating th…|
|thekrisheim on Dan Carcillo gives Flyers fans…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money