Mar 8, 2005, 2:31 PM EDT
ESPN is introducing their new Page2 writer, Scoop Jackson. Could someone please translate his first paragraph for me:
They asked me to intro self. To take 900 words to explain I.
Well, first off – I is not that important. I am just a writer from Slam, XXL, NBA and Nike who found his way into ESPN’s backdoor. Lucked up. Spit a few verbs, convinced ‘em that Stephen A. wasn’t the only one.
So instead of wasting space on Page 2 ducking my own sic, I figured if I told you some of the things I believe in, that would give you a better idea of what I intend to flip once a week for the Worldwide Leader. Because it ain’t where you at; it’s where you coming from that matters. Right?
What does sic mean? Ain’t it where me at? or I’m at? or are you there? He goes on to talk about A.I:
I believe Allen Iverson is the best player in the game.
I believe Tim Duncan, Kevin Garnett, Kobe Bryant and LeBron James are better than him.
I don’t get it.
Some other interesting Philly thoughts Mr. Scoop has to say:
I believe Santa Claus got booed in Philly for a reason.
I believe if T.O. was white, he’d be a national hero.
I believe what Rush Limbaugh said was true – stupid, but true.
Scoop, huh. Well, he can’t be much worse than Stephen A. Smith, that’s for sure. But going along with Rush? I don’t know, he has lost some clout with me there. I kind of agree with him on the T.O. point. The man is unbelievable.
Read the rest of Scoop on Scoop.
|bt on Matchday: Eagles linemen get y…|
|charlie d on Jayson Stark on Larry Bowa, th…|
|dawkisgod on Jayson Stark on Larry Bowa, th…|
|dawkisgod on Matchday: Eagles linemen get y…|
- New clips reveal Outkast’s Andre 3000 as Jimi Hendrix in All Is By My Side’
- Crumbling and stumbling: L&I says it doesn't know how many buildings have collapsed in Philly
- ▶ PhillyTawk: The Phluphian Dialect - YouTube
- San Francisco Mint Says Rare 1800s Gold Coins Have No Link To Thefts « CBS San Francisco
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return