Feb 4, 2006, 4:49 PM EST
If you are at work, you may not want to click on any of the picture links | Pictures from Philly.com | Pictures from Philadelphia Weekly | Picture of Wing Tut yarfing | El Wingador being retired and sent to the rafters | Philly.com videos | Angelo Cataldi treats objects like women, man. | Joey Chestnut wins by eating 173 wings. | Philly.com’s Wing Bowl 14 Page
There was a line from the Inqy’s write up of Wing Bowl 14 which summed it up pretty well for me, "Wing Bowl is what would happen if the Mummers Parade crashed Mardi Gras, and a Girls Gone Wild crew happened to show up." I am not sure, but I think "wingette" is French for "stripper."
While listening to Wing Bowl in years past on the radio, I never fully grasped the party atmosphere of the event. The whole thing is basically an excuse to start tailgateing at 3 in the morning and having hundreds of strippers play to a crowd of 20,000 drunkards. I am not one to argue with tradition. To be honest, I didn’t realize so many strippers existed.
Joey Chestnut ate 173 wings. That is insane. For those of you unfamiliar, Joey was the guy who drank a gallon of milk in 43 seconds to qualify for the bowl. The crowd favorite The Locast was a wrinkly old guy wearing a McNabb jersey. The guy could eat, but was no match for Chestnut.
Chestnut’s victory will likely set the table for a match up next year with Sonya Thomas, assuming they allow former competitors to participate.
|t800m101 on Coming-of-age? Sean Couturier…|
|Marvin Monroe on The Allen Iverson Celebriduck…|
|Earl on Coming-of-age? Sean Couturier…|
|biggirlcookiemonster on Michael Carter-Williams doesn…|
- How A Reporter Eavesdropped On Barry Bonds's Grand Jury Testimony
- Tiger Woods Denies Jason Dufner’s Auburn Angst on Twitter
- Vermeer’s Secret Tool: Testing Whether The Artist Used Mirrors and Lenses to Create His Realistic Images | Vanity Fair
- TV My Wife Watches: Q&A with Myself about the Upcoming Bachelor Season
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Tony Wroten made a YouTube movie about the Sixers' young rap group
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages