Jan 31, 2006, 4:00 AM EDT
Over at Deadspin and Noobsports, Bode Miller and his recent comments about skiing while drunk is the hot topic. Noobsports is conducting a very scientific experiment into the effects of skiing while intoxicated. While Noobsports is planning a very scientific look into the
new phenomenon, I just happened to have gone skiing this past weekend with a man very familiar with skiing, and, of course, drinking. The BirdMan, who on the slopes also goes by AirBird, sat down with us and answered a few of our questions. But first, look at the amplitude on Bird’s jump here from Saturday:
Enrico: Birdman, What are your thoughts on skiing and boozing at
the same time? Does Bode Miller make you want to drink
more? Does having a few beers in you help you get that killer air?
BirdMan: I think if you can ski and drink it’s cool as long as no one gets
hurt. If you are plastered and ski out of control you could really badly hurt someone.
If Bode Miller can ski and drink and not hurt anyone then more power to
him. It doesn’t really make me want to go out and get drunk before
hitting up the mountain. It definitely helps you have a good time especially
in the Poconos; if I was in Colorado I would most likely not drink
before I go to the mountain. Once again its all about control. I don’t get
mad air so I can’t comment on that. Thanks for your time. – DirtyBirdMan
There you have it folks, just be in control. If you see diamond shapes and you are in the Rockies, then stick to H20, but if you are in Pennsylvania, you may want to throw back a couple Yuengling before heading down those blue squares.
For the record, no BirdMen were injured in this post. Thanks to Bird for his time and vast knowledge of our subject. Stellar photog work provided by Scott.
|TartanSixNine on Mason out: Ray Emery is your F…|
|FlyersFan on Mason out: Ray Emery is your F…|
|willh888 on Mason out: Ray Emery is your F…|
|Matt S. on Michael Carter-Williams is you…|
- Ask the Maester: Answers to Your Questions About the Royal Wedding Aftermath (and Other Issues of Great Import) «
- Three Thoughts on Stephen Colbert’s Sudden Ascension to David Letterman’s Late-Night Throne «
- First Phillies game
- Billy Hamilton just scored from third base on a pop fly behind second | HardballTalk
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money