May 18, 2009, 2:28 PM EST
Tough story from ESPN today which revealed Jim Johnson is taking a leave of absence from his duties as the Eagles defensive coordinator. Johnson, who has been confined to a wheelchair due to cancer at the base of his spine, is beginning a second round of chemotherapy. There is no timetable for his return, and Sean McDermott will act as the interim coach.
Said Reid: "I'd like to tell you he's great, but he's not. He's struggling right now."
Obviously it would be a huge blow to the Eagles if Johnson were unable to return, but this story is much bigger than that. We extend our best wishes to Jim and his family and hope that he continues to fight and recover and eventually retake his position on the sideline.
|Rob is good on Report: Glen Macnow done on WI…|
|Lol on Report: Glen Macnow done on WI…|
|badman on Report: Glen Macnow done on WI…|
|lahoe819 on Eagles won’t rest their starte…|
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages