Nov 18, 2011, 3:53 PM EST
Sure, you have to run 26.2 miles. And yes, there is currently no NBA season taking place. But you could still get a free ticket to a future Sixers game by running the Philadelphia Marathon on Sunday!
Actually, after reading the fine print, you don’t have to do the full 26.2 miles. Registered participants in Sunday’s 8K and half marathon are also going to get vouchers good to watch Jrue Holiday and company run the rock at the Wells Fargo Center at some point in the future. If the NBA ever plays again, of course.
And according to the Philadelphia Biz Journal, the Sixers new owner Joshua Harris plans to run the full 26.2 on Sunday.
“I am truly looking forward to running the Philadelphia Marathon and
have been for quite some time,” Harris said. “To join the participants,
particularly those from the city of Philadelphia and its surrounding
areas, as a representative of the 76ers is something that I’m proud to
Now if he were taking suggestions for his race plan on the Sixers New Owners website, I’d suggest he run the marathon while wearing the Hip-Hop costume. I’d even make him a sign and drink with the kids in Manayunk in support.
|Bonsai Steve on Mosher: DeSean Jackson’s…|
|Nick Russo on 3 Stars: Giroux, Voracek pace…|
|Steve on Adrian Peterson thinks Mike Vi…|
|Ummmm on Union unveil new primary kits,…|
- New clips reveal Outkast’s Andre 3000 as Jimi Hendrix in All Is By My Side’
- Crumbling and stumbling: L&I says it doesn't know how many buildings have collapsed in Philly
- ▶ PhillyTawk: The Phluphian Dialect - YouTube
- San Francisco Mint Says Rare 1800s Gold Coins Have No Link To Thefts « CBS San Francisco
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return