Jan 24, 2006, 6:12 PM EDT
So this only loosely pertains to Ryan Howard, but the company from which he gets his bats is up for sale and it’s quite the interesting story. The man who started the company put it up for sale on ebay for $3.5 million. Nobody bid on it, but it is expected to sell for somewhere over $2 million before Christmas.
When Holman parcels out his lumber for bats, he ostensibly does it
by looking at a player’s statistics. Bonds’s bats are made with the top
wood, followed by three other sluggers — Pujols, Soriano and Howard.
is not that other players get inferior wood, but the best players get
the best. In fact, Holman said someone would have to offer him $1,000
to dream of getting a bat made from the wood he uses for Bonds’s bats.
After reading the article, I feel like someone needs to inform Sam Holman, the bat maker, that Ryan Howard should now get the very best wood earth can create. Bonds is no longer worthy of such maple.
>>Bat maker wants to sell company on his terms [NYTimes]
|Scott B on What happens on April 4th,…|
|db21 on Safety First: Eagles agree to…|
|BS Bully on Ryan Howard Needs Surgery for…|
|Franchise on Patrick Chung’s reign of…|
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return