Jan 24, 2006, 6:12 PM EST
So this only loosely pertains to Ryan Howard, but the company from which he gets his bats is up for sale and it’s quite the interesting story. The man who started the company put it up for sale on ebay for $3.5 million. Nobody bid on it, but it is expected to sell for somewhere over $2 million before Christmas.
When Holman parcels out his lumber for bats, he ostensibly does it
by looking at a player’s statistics. Bonds’s bats are made with the top
wood, followed by three other sluggers — Pujols, Soriano and Howard.
is not that other players get inferior wood, but the best players get
the best. In fact, Holman said someone would have to offer him $1,000
to dream of getting a bat made from the wood he uses for Bonds’s bats.
After reading the article, I feel like someone needs to inform Sam Holman, the bat maker, that Ryan Howard should now get the very best wood earth can create. Bonds is no longer worthy of such maple.
>>Bat maker wants to sell company on his terms [NYTimes]
|Jagwaur on Why Philadelphia lost WrestleM…|
|karadakid on This Grantland profile on Andr…|
|Hextall on Why Philadelphia lost WrestleM…|
|Grammar Nazi on We’re comparing Michael…|
- To Roy Halladay, With Gratitude - The Triangle Blog - Grantland
- Roy Halladay Opens the 2010 Phillies Playoff Run With a NO-HITTER!! | The700Level
- FBI’s search for ‘Mo,’ suspect in bomb threats, highlights use of malware for surveillance - The Washington Post
- Slow motion video of a base jump going horribly wrong
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages