Apr 15, 2008, 2:17 PM EST
The NFL has released its 2008 schedule, and the Eagles are set to fly with some interesting prime-time and holiday matchups. Let the bird-related Thanksgiving clichés fly!
Week 1: Rams @ Eagles, 1PM
Week 2: Eagles @ Cowboys, Monday Night Football
Week 3: Steelers @ Eagles, 4:15PM
Week 4: Eagles @ Bears, Sunday Night Football
Week 5: Redskins @ Eagles, 1PM
Week 6: Eagles @ 49ers, 4:15PM
Week 7: Bye
Week 8: Falcons @ Eagles, 1PM
Week 9: Eagles @ Seahawks, 4:15PM
Week 10: Giants @ Eagles, Sunday Night Football
Week 11: Eagles @ Bengals, 1PM
Week 12: Eagles @ Ravens, 1PM
Week 13: Cardinals @ Eagles, 8PM Thanksgiving Night
Week 14: Eagles @ Giants, 1PM
Week 15: Browns @ Eagles, Monday Night Football
Week 16: Eagles @ Redskins, 1PM
Week 17: Cowboys @ Eagles, 1PM
The Eagles provide their commentary on each game of the schedule here and here, and we’re sure you’ll have plenty to say as well. I’ve already gotten an IM saying the Week 17 game could be huge, and another saying it could be meaningless. The December showdown with the ‘Boys was more than memorable last year, so we’re guessing it will be a huge game whether or not it has playoff implications.
No team in the NFC East will have an easy schedule, with each team looking to be fairly dangerous again this year. Anything better than a split with each team would be welcomed after finishing last in the division in 2007. The early showdown with the Cowboys could be a great way to get the season started with a defining win, but not if the Birds come out of the gate like they did last year. A few of the non-division games look to be easy, but we’ve seen the folly of making schedule judgments in April. The Rams, Falcons, and 49ers all had forgettable 2007 campaigns, as did the Ravens and to a lesser degree, the Cardinals. Those weeks should all have W’s next to them when all is said and done, but don’t the Eagles just love to make it interesting by losing a few easy ones?
The AFC North teams were hit or miss in 2007. The Bengals and Browns showed they could score in bunches, but gave up a ton of points and some wins in the process. The Steelers in Week 3 will be another test, and right on the heels of the early game against Dallas on MNF.
Based on your schedule, what are your predictions for the Eagles record in 2008? Key wins and losses? Away game road trips?
|MJS on Video: All hell breaks loose a…|
|baxter097 on Stop blaming Claude Giroux for…|
|galasso2586 on Video: All hell breaks loose a…|
|t800m101 on Video: All hell breaks loose a…|
- We Found This 20-Year-Old T-Shirt In Kenya. The Internet Found The Original Owner : Planet Money : NPR
- Prior to a doctor’s intervention, Dwight Howard was eating ‘the equivalent of 24 Hershey bars a day’ via candy and soda | Ball Don't Lie - Yahoo Sports
- To Roy Halladay, With Gratitude - The Triangle Blog - Grantland
- Roy Halladay Opens the 2010 Phillies Playoff Run With a NO-HITTER!! | The700Level
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages