Jun 25, 2012, 3:33 PM EDT
According to a report by Ives Galarcep,
the team has been working to acquire Bakary Soumare, a 26-year-old, 6’4″
centerback who played to much accolade with the Chicago Fire before
being transferred to a French club in 2009. It appears as if they were
successful, completing a trade with Vancouver that gave the Union the
top priority spot in the MLS allocation order.
the Union after the summer transfer window opens on June 27th, but he
could need time before he’s actually ready to suit up.
midfielder to starting centerback alongside Carlos Valdes—great news
both for the past few matches and the team’s confidence should any
future needs arise. When he becomes available though, Soumare will
provide a more natural and experienced fit to the position.
on-field solution to the hole created by Califf’s trade, and any
suspicion that his salary would go unspent or that he was moved purely
for reasons of discord with Peter Nowak can be put to bed.
table, a resume that includes acknowledgement as a 2008 MLS Defender of
the Year finalist, but also some injury history.
|wholesale Senior Bow… on ‘Who’s That Guy?…|
|clubberlangphila on Exit Interviews: Evaluating th…|
|Renee on Steve Mason will start Game 4…|
|Renee on At least Evan Turner didn…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money