Jul 4, 2012, 1:30 PM EST
Former Union player Danny Mwanga scored his first goal as a member of the Portland Timbers last night. It was a well-taken first touch goal which helped his new team defeat San Jose 2-1. The first ever draft pick in Union history was traded for Jorge Perlaza back on June 6th.
In explaining why he traded the former number one overall pick then-head coach Peter Nowak said “Danny Mwanga is very good with the ball at his feet and he’s good at drawing defenders, but he had a difficult time stretching the field“. Well, if you’re looking for video evidence of Mwanga’s ability to run and stretch a defense then watch him sprint 70+ yards, time his run across the face of his defender and finish to the near post.
Video after the Jump…
Ohhhhhh, Dannnnnny Mwwwanga indeed.
|Northeast Philly on Philly WrestleMania update: no…|
|Hiccup on The current Papelbon header on…|
|Hiccup on Phillies sign pitcher formerly…|
|willh888 on Photo: I think there’s a…|
- Prior to a doctor’s intervention, Dwight Howard was eating ‘the equivalent of 24 Hershey bars a day’ via candy and soda | Ball Don't Lie - Yahoo Sports
- To Roy Halladay, With Gratitude - The Triangle Blog - Grantland
- Roy Halladay Opens the 2010 Phillies Playoff Run With a NO-HITTER!! | The700Level
- FBI’s search for ‘Mo,’ suspect in bomb threats, highlights use of malware for surveillance - The Washington Post
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages